Wednesday, January 26, 2005

We're in for it, folks.

I got my copies of Blog and Interior Desecrations from Amazon today.

I said to my eight-year-old daughter, "Hey! You want to see what houses looked like in the Seventies?"

"Yeah!" she exclaimed, running over to the table.

I handed her the book and stepped over to the fridge to get something for the baby to eat. I could hear her paging through it.

Then she said, "They had some cool stuff back then!"
...
.
.
.
.
!

We need an intervention.

Actually, there's good news. After going over the book with her for a while (like a true Seventies-educated parent I tried not to influence her judgment), she began squealing with laughter at the pictures as we turned the pages.

Maybe we don't have to face our futures at The Home anticipating a renaissance of this sort of thing.