Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hey, have you guys noticed the Claremont Institute's Blog

Local Liberty? Pretty good religious, paleocon thinking coming out of there.

Since I take my political cues from Jefferson and Madison, I'm a bit more sanguine with the Bush Administration's strategies in the War on Terrorists, including its compromise between open immigration and closed borders and its recognition that commercial flying is a matter of choice (though I'd be perfectly happy if they'd do a more effective job of profiling--I might get searched under such a regime, but they'd leave my wife, daughter and mother alone).

Speaking of Jefferson and Madison, you should examine what they had to say about Adams' Alien and Sedition Acts. That link will lead you to Jeffersons' and Madisons' Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions.