Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Tough getting any computer time these past few days.

I've managed to carve some out anyway, but it's cut into other things. Mainly sleep. Saturday my body rebelled and basically knocked me out. But otherwise I've been spending a lot of time with the girls. (No, I mean my daughters, you lunkheads!)

I went for a jog yesterday, for the first time in years. In my cheap Earth Shoes. (The sell expensive ones too, but these are working fine.) I've had zero hip pain since I bought them, so now they're my cross-trainers. I jogged about 3 miles. I figured I could, because I walk 3-4 miles every work day - it was just an increase in the pace. But I'm sore as h*** now.

When I stepped on the scale afterwards I was 120 Kg. It was great to see me edging back into the old 242 weight class again. Of course, about a pound an a half of that was water, but it was a great emotional kick.

TCM here I come! Oh, all right. Just the 5K then. I'll get my butt kicked by some 10 year-old kid again. I think my best time (in three whole races) was about 24:38. I guarantee I wasn't going that fast yesterday. More like 36 minutes.

Enough of that? Fine.

No comments: