Thursday, July 08, 2004

Ach! All this political stuff!

I celebrated the Fourth by helping my father-in-law dig a trench so he can rewire the "sleeping cabin" at the lake. It was about 70 yards long, from the shore to the pole in the middle of their property...in the woods. The mosquitos weren't bad for the simple reason that the temperature didn't get above 60, but that's great weather for an six hour sentence to hard labor. Man! They've got some astounding rocks up there. This one was about two feet by 15 inches and about 10 inches thick, rounded... it had to weigh about 90 lbs. The second one like that that we found we busted into little pieces with a sledge hammer.

I got to listen to Millie give the weather in Finnish for every little podunk berg in WELY's listening area and read happy birthday messages to canoeists freezing their butts off in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.

And I got to listen to the in-laws bitch about the government, lawyers and bureaucrats and I kept my trap shut when they said they supported the Party of More All-of-the-Above. As opposed to the Party that's for more All-of-the-Above, but that claims it's against them.

Actually, I did say I was pushing Michael Badnarik.

Website to check out later: Portside Language Services.

No comments: