Thursday, July 22, 2004

Now that I've disposed of the distractions

provided by LibertyBob, FukiBlog and The Moderate Voice I can get down to the main business of the evening.  Excuse me if it goes a little slow, I'm downloading a song I got from S Michael.  (After listening to the first tune, I can't imagine that he'd mind being called the Fuki-Meister.)  [I should say that these are parody songs about the main concerns of the FCC.  The acronym is suggestive in both cases.  The "first tune" is one of the few raps I've ever enjoyed, even though I feel understanding that the Bush administration doesn't consider the abolition of the FCC a battle worth fighting.  Sometimes I'm willing to go along with the practicalities of politics.]

The second song is comedically brilliant.  Libertarians would make distinctions, however, between Halliburton (a successful government-dependent company), Enron (a failed government-dependent company), Martha Stewart (a railroadee of the SEC) and Clear Channel (no doubt a future target for the Attorney General) and I think we're pretty much agreed that environmentalist rhetoric is overblown.  But I still find the song funny, which says a great deal for Eric Idle.  Of course, I don't expect him to appreciate it.

I have difficulty concerning myself, in a partisan way, over an organization which any unscrupled triangulator would leave in place.  If the lefties cared about free speech, per se, they had their chance under Clinton.

No, my first goal here is to rip the guy who google considered it appropriate to place an ad for on my blog: Noam Chomsky.

But I fear God has granted him a reprieve.  I need to get to bed.  I will be mining his site for fiskings anon.

No comments: