Friday, February 18, 2005

A response from my Congressman

February 18, 2005

Alan Erkkila
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX, Minnesota 55XXX

Dear Alan:

Thank you for contacting me with your support for S.5, the Class
Action Fairness Act.

I strongly share your support for this important legislation, and I
voted for it when it passed the House recently by a vote of 279-
149.

Like you, I am deeply concerned about abusive and frivolous
lawsuits, which are hindering economic growth and job creation
and raising costs for consumers.

I am pleased that both the U.S. House and Senate overwhelmingly
passed this legislation and the President has signed it into law.

Rest assured of my continued strong support for measures to
reform the legal system.

Thanks again for contacting me, as I appreciate hearing from you.
Please let me know whenever I can be helpful to you or your
family.
Sincerely,

JIM RAMSTAD
Member of Congress

Just so you know, I also sent my letter to both of our Senators, Norm Coleman and Mark Dayton. Neither have responded. Congressman Ramstad has. I salute him. This may be the most important thing he's ever done for us economically and I expect great results.

At this moment I think it negates everything I've criticized him for. I'll remember this in two years.