Monday, February 28, 2005

It's an odd thing to do, but I think I should post this exchange from my comments:

I think space travel will have more support when we describe it in terms of gathering resources and creating jobs. Every goomer out there wants more jobs (even if they don't want one for themselves).
The sooner we can promise methane mining operations on Titan, the sooner everybody will want to jump on board. Since that sort of thing would be good for the economy, and what's good for the economy is good for America and the poor, anybody who does not support space exploration obviously hates America and poor people.
LibertyBob | Homepage | 02.27.05 - 6:38 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Careful, Bob. Al is originally from Oklahoma, so your Goomer Sooner inference will get you nowhere. And besides, I expect that you produce enough methane to last us for decades to come.
Steve of G.J.'s | 02.27.05 - 9:39 pm | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One man can't do it alone, Steve.
LibertyBob | Homepage | 02.28.05 - 8:03 am | #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mother's from Oklahoma. I was born and raised in Wisconsin, no matter how hard you try to disown me, Steve.

I'm perfectly willing to take up LibertyBob's talking points.
Old Whig | Homepage | 02.28.05 - 12:56 pm | #

No comments: