Saturday, May 08, 2004

Sorry to be such a dullard today.

No, I haven't gotten around to fixing this thing yet. I had to go out and trim my hedge. It's about 300 yards long around three sides of the yard, so it wipes me out pretty good. I'm feeling the first hints of soreness in my forearms. My wife is completely unsympathetic. She, of course, has never done it.

Plus the fact that my power trimmer died and my stepson, I think, hocked his gas trimmer for drugs (libel alert: I don't know that). He's bought himself a new used truck and abandoned his old used truck on the street in front of our house. That'll work well for him. They ticket you here for parking overnight on the street. They'll tow it for him soon. I think tomorrow I'll load all the junk he's left here back on it.

CPFJB was wondering how I managed to worry about such foolish things as the presidential election when I had so many problems. Answer: I'm used to problems; these other things still need to be dealt with. I'm a bit tired of politics for now though.

I think it was John Adams who said, "I study tactics and naval engineering so that my son may study politics and history and my grandson may study poetry and pottery."

No comments: