Monday, May 10, 2004

Check out this month's Reason cover!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The circled item is an aerial photo of my house. Yes, it came in the mail, and no I didn't photoshop it.



Well, all right. The explanation is somewhat mundane. They personalized 40,000 covers for their subscribers. Oh, I guess that's breaking news, sort of. I haven't read the full details yet, but they provide this information for me:

The median income in my zip code is $39,620.

(My wife makes more than that. I don't.)

Median age is 33.

(For those of us in town here it's, well I 40, Rosie's 7. Is the median halfway between the two ages? The sample is way too small.)

23.01 % of my neighbors have college degrees or better.

(Check. --Does that include the kids?)

The ad on the back says the Institute for Justice is defending me against Minnesota's tendency to use Eminent Domain for the benefit of PRIVATE developers. For which I thank them.

Inside the back cover it urges me to go to www.MarijuanaPolicy.org to get a form email urging Jim Ramstad, my representative, to vote for decriminalization of medical marijuana. Which I'm inclined to do.

No comments: