Thursday, May 27, 2004

A bit of a bio for those who want to find out more

about Randy Graf (R), Arizona State Congress, from an email exchange I initiated because of this post by Mr. Pterodactyl. You'll need a little context:

Dear Congressman Graf,

My buddy, Mr. Pterodactyl, who hails from Milwaukee, was wondering about that little Packer helmet you have in your office.

Thank you for attending to this important matter.

Sincerely,

[Old Whig]

Congressman Graf: [T]he helmet? It sits on my desk and reminds me of the greatest sports team in the history of the world!


OW: Todd - Mr. Pterodactyl, though I can't vouch for whether that's his real name or not - and I are a couple of Packer fans and small time bloggers. (Todd's bigger than I am, blogwise.)

Todd mentioned on his blog that he'd seen you on TV and noticed the helmet. So I tried to find a bio of you, and I'm afraid, sir, that you have a smaller web-presence than I do. Maybe we could bump it up one notch. But only one. I'm not that big. Actually, I didn't intend to do that, but since you seem like a personable guy, I see an opportunity.

Which team did you mean and how did you come to such a sensible conclusion? Did you suffer through 29 years of false hopes as we did? Actually, I don't think Todd's old enough to remember the Lombardi days, but no self-respecting Packer fan would fail to study them.

Graf: I was born in Green Bay approximately two months before they hired Vince Lombardi and grew up during the dynasty. We had our lean years yes, but they are still the team of teams.


Maybe more to come.

No comments: