Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Speaking of frontrunning bandwagon jumpers:

The Gophers' Lady Hoopers are kickin' some A!

The seventh-seeded Golden Gophers got 27 points from Whalen and 20 points and 18 rebounds from Janel McCarville to oust the top-seeded Blue Devils 82-75 in the Mideast Regional final Tuesday night.

Maybe I'm a Libertarian because I can't swear allegiance to one particular college team. UW-Superior is my hometown team. I'm a UM-Duluth alum and I live in the Twin Cities Metro area, so I'm swimming in info about the U of MN and the Minnesota pro teams. Hell, I can't even hate the Vikings anymore. If I really dig down deep, I find myself loving to see old clips of Fran Tarkenten doing his miraculous scrambles. I hated that bastard when he was playing, but he was an absolute wizard, and I love to see that son-of-a-bitch scoring 18 points in 5 minutes now.

No comments: