Saturday, March 27, 2004

In case Mr. Pt

(I like to pronounce that "P-tee") doesn't get down that way, here's a comment I posted in answer to one he made:

How'd I miss your first comment, Todd?

Occam's Razor: Don't believe overcomplicated explanations. In other words it doesn't take an unseen third party to make Reality happen.

Somebody's expecting me to refute that, aren't they? Actually, I'm in a somewhat weakened state these days and in need of outside assistance. I find that prayer helps. That by itself proves nothing about the nature of the Higher Power. It may not be at all what anyone thinks it is. It may be that the Universe is indeed benevolent, as Ayn Rand says. In AA, the group can function as the Higher Power, because they've done something the new member hasn't. They've quit drinking.

No comments: