Monday, February 09, 2004

My Buddhist fans will be wondering

"What the hell? The-Insight said this guy had something to offer Buddhists."

Well, in a way, everybody has something to offer Buddhists. Not that Buddhism is devoid of content (although, as I understand it, Nirvana is). I've got something for you all at home. Be patient. I'll get it up here soon.

My favorite Zen saying is, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

I believe it was Miyamoto Musashi, who found a truly unique way to apply the teachings of Zen, who put this image in my head: a small child, holding his father's finger, upon seeing a flower doesn't think, "I must now release Father's finger in order to grasp this pretty thing." The child simply does it.
This insight is useful in life when it is time to move on.

No comments: