Friday, April 30, 2004

When I added the Capitalism Magazine link

I said this:

They don't hold much truck with the belief that poverty is a virtue.
Frankly, if you think you have too much wealth, just lie down for a while and it'll go away. You have to take positive action to acquire and keep wealth. You either have to work hard or arrange a system or invent a machine that will work hard for you.


I should have added, you have to convince others to help you, and threats and intimidation only work as long as the threat is present. People do a work slow-down as soon as the threat leaves the room. People will work hard steadily if they like and(/or) respect you and want you to return your favor. That requires effective persuasion; the carrot is stronger than the stick.

Scroll around there. It's some of my better writing. Some grosse Konfessionen, as Goethe would say, but not every awful thing I've ever done. No bodies in the back yard or anything like that.

Somebody was checking out my archives, and I nervously wandered over to look over their shoulder. For you paranoid types, that doesn't mean I could tell much of anything about the person. Although I'm sure DARPA knows all about you. If you don't know who DARPA is, you're not very paranoid and you can cancel that trip to the psychiatrist.

No comments: