Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Here's a libertarian reading list for you.

As if I hadn't given enough of one already.

I get daily emails from Free-Market.Net. The provide me with some of my material, but fairly often I get POed by the article they choose to lead off with and I just delete it.

I've mentioned that it irritates me when people refuse to acknowledge the wisdom of strategic alliances with groups that might be unsavory. The point is to avoid or minimize violence, not to mention expense. And I see it as the height of wisdom to recruit bad guys somewhere else to risk their lives so that good people back here can sit on their verandas drinking chablis. Or so that high school and college kids can wear ugly, ripped-up black jeans and t-shirts without having to go to work for a living, bitching all the while, "We MADE Osama bin Laden, Man!" The latter behavior exists because our government subsidizes it with free rides for college. Your education tax dollars at "work."

Wow, that tangent veered off into oncoming traffic and caused a 15 car pileup.

Here's the solution to that problem: when we realized al Qaida was like a fire getting out of control and endangering our camp, we needed to extinguish it. Douse it and stir the ashes to make sure there were no smoldering embers.

But uncle Bill wouldn't have any of that.

No comments: