Friday, April 23, 2004

I hate to be a plain wuss blogger

but I've got a major case of writer's block. My problem is that I've been reading some of the really great blogs. Fred on Everything has four links of writers that kick my ass all over the parking lot. Fred kicks my ass. Of course, these are actually people who take their time and plan what they're going to write.

Of course Fred seems to buy into The Bell Curve argument (which I'm about to criticize without having read--just like the "liberal" media).

I think I'll take an opportunity to defend Blacks, Hispanics, women and gays. Hey, maybe I'll "get some" out of the deal. [Not from the wife, after that crack. Good thing she's terrified of getting addicted to the computer.]

Blacks and Hispanics (and Native Americans): Even if the their IQs test lower than those of whites, asians and jews, there is still room for huge numbers of them to be smarter than I am. Let alone you average people. [My IQ is 154. What's yours? ...Yeah, I know, prove it. I'm workin' on it.] Examples: Blacks: Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, (see Townhall.com)Condoleezza Rice,

[Danny Aiello is endorsing Sean Hannity in the background. He says, "Capitalism gives the opportunity to grow." He's selling CDs of his singing. Buy The Last Don. But the era of Italian oppression is over.]

Colin Powell... Several people I know personally.

Hispanics: Hernando de Soto is doing more good for humanity than anyone, other than Norman Borlaug, has ever done. His namesake's contributions weren't inconsiderable either.

American Indians: I'm a big fan of Russell Means. Read his autobiography Where White Men Fear to Tread. He signed my copy personally at the Minnesota Libertarian Party convention in 2002. I don't agree 100% with him, but I think he's pretty brilliant.

I haven't earned any fame myself, but I carry a card from the BIA that says I'm a Creek Indian.

Women: Margaret Thatcher, Ayn Rand, Isabel Paterson, Rose Wilder Lane (who turned her mother's narratives about her experiences into the Little House series and wrote The Discovery of Freedom), Dr. Mary Ruwart and Virginia Postrel. I mention only strong women.

Gays: Peter McWilliams, Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci. Once again, I know many personally whose contributions are quite impressive.

No comments: