Thursday, April 15, 2004

I feel like posting

The Song of the Lazy Farmer, by Anonymous (If you wrote it, You'll be given proper credit).

I think my reputation for avoiding every kind of chore
Just doesn't very acc'rately reflect my true philosophy.
No matter what my critics, state it isn't work itself I hate
My peeve is that what most jobs need is handling with the utmost speed.
Now I don't mind the sweat and strain and backaches with a lot of pain
That come from plain old fashioned toil like tending stock and tilling soil.
No matter how pooped I might be, I am the first one to agree
The feeling of a job well done is satisfying and it's fun.

But I don't wear out happily if there's a stopwatch held on me.
If I can't take my own sweet time, there is no reason and no rhyme
In sweating over anything no matter how big or challenging.
I'll gladly tackle any task as long as no one tries to ask
That I must do it speedily unless I am prepared to be
Accused of shameful laziness. That is a lot of silliness.
There's nothing that I can't get done at least as good as anyone
If can have two hours or three to do a one hour job, by gee!


Kind of a forced rhyme at the end there. Originally it was written in paragraph form and it was up to you to realize there was a rhyme and meter.

This is what happens to me when people start talking about Arkansas in my presence.

No comments: