Friday, April 23, 2004

A bit of an update on the kid with cancer

From his Grandma:

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:21:53 +0000

The kids left for Florida this morning. They were all so excited!!! I'm hoping and praying they all have a very good time, and forget all that they've been thru for a few days. D___ was feeling better, and eating better. It's funny the things that we get excited about around here these days, like a 2 1/2 year old growing hair, and eating more than a few bites of something. A___ and I got him to eat quite a bit of scrambled eggs Tuesday, then yesterday morning the phone rung, I answered it and this little voice says " I want eggs, I said "you want eggs, and he said "uhuh, I want more eggs", I said did you eat eggs for breakfast and you want more", he said "uhuh, want more eggs", I said "is mama out of eggs and you want more", he said, "uhuh" So needless to say Nana, was there in 5 minutes with more eggs. Hopefully his appetite is coming back and he will start eating a variety of things again. He's so cute, we can't believe how dark his hair is now that is coming back in, I will have to send you a picture soon. They will come home next Wednesday, April 28. Thanks for your prayers!!! B___


Make-A-Wish is sending them to Disney World. I hope he has a good time and remembers it for many years.

No comments: