Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Here's something to think about

from Clayton Makepeace (I don't know if you can get right in there without signing up for his newsletter):
Couple of thousand years ago, a pretty smart Jewish fella said that the meek will inherit the Earth. Seems like a pretty crazy statement on its face. Try as I might, I can’t imagine a meek little Wally Cox conquering every government on the planet.

So I figure the rabbi probably meant something closer to, "Be humble enough to learn and you’ll go far."

Or the corollary: "Be too proud to learn, and you'll wind up eating humble people's dust."

Or maybe, "The more you learn, the more you'll learn you need to learn."

Or even, "Learning is a journey – not a destination."

Was he right?

In a word, "Yep."

I've been meaning to say that myself.

No comments: