Wednesday, October 05, 2005

You know, I think the thing that most killed my blogging buzz

lately was all the stories of rapes and murders in New Orleans. I suppose I have a moral right to rant about the faulty news coverage, but I'm just too relieved to find out that most of them never happened. I hope the duped reporters exact terrible revenge. Right after they extract every possible lesson from this mess about how to find news.

While those things weren't going on, I was at Rendezvous in Pine City.

I competed in a few contests: took a major whuppin' in the Men's Footrace, had a decent showing in the stone toss, but didn't place... I guess it was only two.

I went to the Sunday Service at the Blacksmith's tent. He talked about how and why to live right. He seems to be doing it, which is a plus.

I spent a lot of time with him - he invited me to make a hook for hanging lanterns on the tent pole. It's pretty cool to pound on red-hot iron and make it into something useful. I'll have to get some batteries for my digital camera and show it to you.
........
Eric, I'm still thinking about the 10 Big Things Meme and what you said.

My life goals at this point are to Be a Great Father, make 10 mil, learn seven languages and master Aristotle. Do any of those count?
.........
Took me six days to write this. Can you tell?

No comments: