Friday, June 29, 2007

The slackers are bailing out of the old work-place

Like rats from a sinking ship today. It's supposed to be beautiful out all weekend, and, of course, the Fourth is next week.

But, I'll be hanging out here. Might go to the Lake for the weekend tonight, but the wife was questioning that this morning when I told her it was cool out during my run. About 60: nice for a slow 2-mile jog.

I ran 5 yesterday and 3 Tuesday. Need to run 9 tomorrow or Sunday.

Last Saturday, I was supposed to run 8, but Laurie and Rosie went on a Girl Scout camping trip, so I was left home with Aliina. She woke up with me both days, so Saturday, I just blew it off and we ended up visiting two of the local parks, and Sunday I put her in the jogging stroller and pushed her for about five miles. You don't feel that thing for the first few, but you definitely start to notice the minor up grades after that.

We ended up at a park about 2 miles from the house, and after playing for an hour, I just walked her home.

I'm finally starting to drop some poundage. I took off about 4 lbs this week. Add that to 3 since the beginning of April and I'll be back to the weight I ran the Marathon at in another couple weeks.

Remember, I continued to lose weight during the post-Marathon recovery all the way into November. A sure sign that I hit the Wall hard.

Now that I know what that's like, I have absolutely no fear of it. Big deal! So I had to walk half of the last 10 miles! What of it? I felt tired for a month. Well, I felt tired for the month previous, too, when I wasn't running.

At this end of the training cycle I find that I'm recovering pretty quick. Part of that is because I'm studying magazines and books on how to train and recover; the other part is that the training for the first four weeks isn't as hard as the training for the last four.

Agh! I'm talking about running again. What is this?! An obsession?!

No comments: