Friday, June 22, 2007

Government Too Big AND Taxes Too High

Both are problems. Feel free to publish your own analysis under that title or any variation thereof. Just link me.

Hell, you can rip me off completely on that one, but tell me where I can read it, so I can learn from it.

What I really want to see is a study of the tax burden on various "classes" before the American Revolution and after, in the various states under the Articles of Confederation not ignoring the smart or stupid monetary policies of each, and before the ratification of the Constitution, immediately after and five and ten years after. Once again, not ignoring smart and/or stupid monetary policies. And including government spending levels.

I said somewhere (speak up if you know where) that [oh, I'll quit being coy and go over to Grandpa John's and see what the H it was that I said] Capitalism is God's way. Of course, I mean pure Capitalism, not any sort of Government-assisted business. That ain't Capitalism, that's Fascism. As is hindering some business in favor of others.

I want a government that neither favors nor hinders any particular business.

Hey! Dave Thompson's got Forrest Wilkinson on!

No comments: