Monday, April 02, 2007

There's a fellow Slithering Reptile

called The Skreeching Skraeling who could use a couple hits. [Of course, so could I.]

I went over there to see what he had to say about The Iceland Miracle and got caught up in a YouTube cartoon that has a song I won't be whistling any time soon.

If that's what YouTube is all about, I'm ambivalent about signing up.

Back to The Iceland Miracle: Check out those sources, Baby!

ICELAND: NORDIC TIGER, from NPCA. All right, they're a conservative/libertarian think tank. I like them ok, but that proves nothing to you, necessarily.

The Skraeling neglects to mention that the article he's reproduced is from The Advocates' Liberator Online which has all kinds of cool links in that issue.

The Cato and WSJ links are pdfs, of course. I like to save those to my desktop right off the bat and read them at leisure. If you must choose just one, the WSJ article is the easiest read, but the Cato article is the most informative with the most authoritative links for further study including the World Bank, IMF and OECD. The OECD and World Bank reports are pdfs, unfortunately.

I'm told that opening a bank account in Iceland is a helluva good idea.

...Oh when you're down and looking for some cheering up...
Duh dum dum dum...

No comments: