Saturday, April 28, 2007

Just on the off chance that I still have any friends,

I'm going to bring up a comment I just made that promises to slice off some more:
I just realized I forgot the link. I also forgot that this is a Mises Inst. article, and that I promised not to just parrot everything they say.

I must say, it kind of sickens me that they've been following the Dems lead on the War (I'm including Raimondo and Anti-War.com as well as LewRockwell.com here). Libertarianism has all kinds of good arguments against war, I'd like to see them focussing on the connections between the Dems read and our theory. I wouldn't mind them making that point, but just jumping on the anti-Bush bandwagon doesn't cut it. The Dems are just as much statists (at least) as Bush and the Neo-cons, trying to garner their favor ain't gonna get you nowhere.

Actually, I guess they're doing what I recommend here. But there's still a gap between us. I need to figure out what needs to go in there, because it's probably the difference between a successful Libertarian Party and what we've got now.

No comments: