Thursday, August 26, 2004

Word of the Day: Cloaca

Courtesy of The Free Dictionary:

In zoological anatomy, a cloaca is the posterior opening that serves as the only such opening for the intestinal, urinary, and genital tracts of certain animal species.


Knowing this word will help you understand what Fred on Everything is saying in his opening sentence in this article:
August 24, 2004

From time to time I write about the cloacal morality of the media as they go about wrecking civilization and annoying hell out of me. For rhetorical convenience I use "New York" and "Hollywood" as a sort of abbreviation for the news racket and the screen trades.

This column gets a lot email. Some of it assumes that "New York" and "Hollywood" are code words for "Jews," and excoriates me mightily for not saying what I am assumed to mean. Let me give you a typical example, the subject line being "Fred Sees No Jews in New York and Hollywood."

Two illustratory letters follow, then Fred goes on to attack the thesis of the Worldwide Jewish Conspiracy. Read the whole thing.

I was directed to Fred today by the Rational Review News Digest.

No comments: