Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The label surprises me, but the description is right on.

20 Questions to a Better Personality

Wackiness: 22/100
Rationality: 52/100
Constructiveness: 20/100
Leadership: 50/100

You are a SEDF--Sober Emotional Destructive Follower. This makes you a Evil Genius.

You are extremely focused and difficult to distract from your tasks. With luck, you have learned to channel your energies into improving your intellect, rather than destroying the weak and unsuspecting.

Your friends may find you remote and a hard nut to crack. Few of your peers know you very well--even those you have known a long time--because you have expert control of the face you put forth to the world. You prefer to observe, calculate, discern and decide. Your decisions are final, and your desire to be right is impenetrable.

You are not to be messed with. You may explode.

What? No cool picture?

Further comment: In gradeschool I had an enemy who did his damdest to pick a fight with me every day in second and third grades. About every second or third day I beat his ass. In the beginning, my advisors - parents, friends and older kids - taught me how to fight and in the end they taught me to be patient. I doubt that anyone in the world was ever pestered by a more persistant peckerhead. When I wasn't beating him up, somebody else was. (Ok, they were obviously being pestered by the same guy, but I was his favorite target.)

I never knew him to win a fight, but he was always picking them. He grew out of it, sort of, by becoming a better comedian.

Where is he now? Six feet under.

I didn't put him there. I kind of liked him toward the end, though I never stopped being a little wary of the guy. I knew that life would become hellish if I let him start to push me.

His death rocked me. It made me rethink the metaphysical nature of the universe. It certainly didn't make me happy... We had started off as best friends in Kindergarten and it all went to hell from there.

I've done a lot of [abortive] thinking about what might have been, but it would have required his cooperation, and he wasn't giving any.

On that "exploding" thing: if you can't push me as far as he did, you're safe from me.... And nobody has come close.

Update: I retook the test this morning. I've already improved my personality, though I still don't like that "follower" bit, in the old saw, "Lead, follow or get out of the way," I prefer the last.

Wackiness: 28/100
Rationality: 56/100
Constructiveness: 26/100
Leadership: 38/100

You are a SRDF--Sober Rational Destructive Follower. This makes you a Fountain of Knowledge.

You are cool, analytical, intelligent and completely unfunny. Sometimes you slice through conversation with a cutting observation that causes silence and sidelong glances. You make a strong and lasting impression on everyone you meet, the quality of which depends more on their personality than yours.

You may feel persecuted, as you can become a target for fun. Still, you are focused enough on your work and secure enough in your abilities not to worry overly.

You are productive and invaluable to those you work for. You are loyal, steadfast, and conscientious. Your grooming is impeccable. You are in good shape.

You are kind of a tool, but you get things done. You are probably a week away from snapping.

Addendum, [apparently an email - ed.] 2004/07/19: this fits me 99%, there is a slight inaccuracy however. We are not necessarily completely unfunny. If we have a sense of humor (I do) it surfaces on the occasion with well-timed, completely dry, very sarcastic, wit. - Chase

No comments: