Friday, April 21, 2006

Ken convinced me to Wikipedia my birthday.

I'm sure there's some cool term for that, but I'm 42, fat, bald and have ugly scars. I was cool before all that happened.

I'm going to make you guess the day.

Three events:

1945 - Japan accepts the Allied terms of surrender in World War II and the Emperor records the Imperial Rescript on Surrender (August 15 in Japan standard time).

Well, that gives it away.
1980 - Lech Wałęsa leads strikes at Gdańsk, Poland shipyards.
1994 - Ilich Ramírez Sánchez, the terrorist known as "Carlos the Jackal", is captured.

Thus wrecking the mystique Robert Ludlum had built around him.

Two births:
1851 - Doc Holliday, American gambler and gunfighter (d. 1887)
1983 - Mila Kunis, Ukrainian-born actress

I may borrow that picture.

One death:
1980 - Dorothy Stratten, Canadian actress and model (b. 1960)
Ugh! Anybody seen Star '80.

No comments: