Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Thank God my friend Teflon Man, in Singapore,

only had to concern himself with his physical condition.

He's a good go-to guy for a personal perspective on what's happening over there.

I'm happy to have someone to care about in that part of the world, but it's a source of worry as well when the Universe seems so intent on killing us.

I was just watching PBS' take on Krakatoa. It seems that it's ready to blow its stack again at any time. Singapore seems to be in a charmed position with reference to these natural disasters, and let's pray that God keeps it that way, but I would like to see our Blog-brethren take their reporting responsibilities seriously when they happen.

Easy for me to say, from my home in suburbia on the most geologically stable place on the planet.