Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Sorry, I was too busy to

do any commentary on those articles. A lot of things came up today. Some of which it's against my unwritten rules to talk about, although this evening I was babysitting while my wife did some after-hours tutoring.

That was no chore, changing the baby and feeding her some cereal, and watching Rosie make things with red plastic plates, drinking straws and scotch tape. She made a raft with a mast and a couple of Jetsons-type houses. The she set them up in a little tableau, and sort of danced around them singing a story about what all the people were doing. Not very melodious, but very cute. When she gets going like that, I shut off the radio or the TV and just watch her. She'll be a great playwright someday.

These are things I value very, very highly. I will act to maintain my children's happiness as best I can. I would risk my life and defer many other pleasures for that higher pleasure. It also requires that I try to become a father that they can take pleasure in having. Long term and short term.

No comments: