Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I'm late to the dance on this one

But Mister Pterodactyl drew my attention to it and I finally got around to reading it. In case you're not up on your InstaPundit [or, in the case that you like me better than any of these guys, tell me when your birthday is; I'll send you flowers]:

"Every war with fascism is our business"

Mssrs. Pterodactyl and Chrenkoff have both written good introductions. Here's Chrenkoff's:3

Marek Edelman is the last surviving military leader of the heroic Jewish Uprising in the Warsaw Ghetto in 1943. He recently spoke to a Polish television channel TVN24, and the interview has been re-published in a Polish weekly "Przekroj". It's not available anywhere else in English (or for that matter electronically), so I take this opportunity to translate and publish extensive excerpts from the interview. Edelman experienced evil many times in his long and distinguished life; he has also faced it and fought it bravely. What he has to say bears listening to.


No comments: