Friday, October 10, 2003

Don't tell my wife

I skipped the meeting last night and ran around taking fall color pictures. Not that I don't think the meeting is important, but the window for good leaf pictures is extremely narrow.
I suppose it's supremely arrogant of me to think I can afford to skip meetings, but I've been sober for more than a month, since August 22, and it seems that the same methods that served me so well in quitting chewing tobacco work here too. One new method is thinking about all those nice people at the meeting and how I don't want to disappoint them.
Another thing I do is, when I started thinking I might have a problem, I started coming up with reasons to quit. Whenever I have a craving I bring one of them to mind. The biggest one is remembering how I pissed away $400 that last night.

No comments: