Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ron, especially, needs to check out Matt Furey.

[Matt Furey]

I'm a total convert. Here's a couple paragraphs, from an ebook of his:
...[W]hose kidding whom? Most people, worldwide, have been sold the 'weights only' hype for so long I probably have no chance of ever convincing them that my way is right. ...But I sell what I believe in. Period.

...

If what I say upsets you and 'the others' who think like you - and you choose to keep pumping your iron, you'll hear no argument from me. It's really none of my business. If, however, you ever join that group of people who are racked with pain from years of weight training - or who simply didn't get the results they wanted from the practice, I'll be here for ya.

I direct this at my role-model and life-coach. You gotta read this ebook, Ron. Furey was a swimming champ and a wrestling national champion (NCAA-Div I). And a Kung Fu World Champion.

I know that wrestling was the hardest thing I've ever done. If you haven't experienced it, imagine spending three minutes in close contact with a person who is opposing - with physical force - every motion you want to make. That physical force you're facing, btw, is applied with great ingenuity, experience and understanding of what you're up to.

I guess I'm saying that I'm assuming Matt Furey is my new hero. And, Oddly enough, he's pretty much exactly my age.

No comments: