Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Austrians in Brooklyn Center=2

Near as I can tell, the internet has more entries under my name than Mark's. Alan Erkkila is mine. The last name is Finnish. Hyva Paivaa. The "a"s are supposed to have umlauts. It means good day. I grew up close enough to Canada that I break out in hives under the effort to keep from following that up with "eh".
Of course, in order to find anything about Mark, I have to include Brooklyn Center which nets me 20 million entries about NYC.
But, then, Libertarian Austrian, narrows that down considerably. He pops right to the top. But there's only one.

I'm working on my austrianism, but I need someone to discuss it with.
I heard you, Mark, on Bob Davis's show trying to convince him that fiat money is evil. He said the issue is too complicated for talk radio. I was kind of hoping that what I was shouting at the radio at that time would come back to me by this point... Oh! It's evil because it allows infinite inflation!

Of course, the monetarists say, "well, we'll just keep control of it, then. We learned our lesson with the German hyperinflation of the '20s. Hell, even the Nazis learned that lesson!" No, they just replaced inflation with the death penalty for disobedience. A poor replacement for money...or trade goods, or return service. Their government still grew out of control. It is, as Jason Lewis would say, "the spending, stupid!"

Here, I'm gonna post this now.

No comments: