Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Out of the nest the chick must fly

The nest fits him not for eternity.

-Rhyme R Us.

It's likely that this couplet has been written before, but I claim to have come up with it independently. I like the double meanings in the archaic form.

I said this to my daughter this morning. She took her gloved hand off the doorknob and, rather flatly, asked, "What does that mean?"

"What do you think it means?"

"Uh...Leaving the house?"

That's what I get for offering my pearls in such a concrete situation.

2 comments:

T. F. Stern said...

Comfort Zones in any shape or form eventually inhibit growth. Freedom requires growth and leaving your comfort zone.

Al said...

I came up with the verselet because I'm having to move out of several. Hey! It's almost Spring! The season when Al's life mostly turns to...well, let's say mud. That's Spring-y.

Actually, just some aspects of my life do. Mostly I love Spring.