Friday, May 08, 2009

I ran the TC 1 Mile last night.

Instead of going to my meeting, I might add.

My lungs are feeling a bit raw this morning. I'm coughing a lot, which scares the hell out of everyone I meet. I wasn't able to train for the run, because I've been on the Shigella Diet for the past week. Lost seven pounds! [Yay! icon]

Hey, if people get away with calling that "stomach flu" I can call it The Shigella Diet. I doubt it was Shigella. More likely Salmonella.

I ran it in 8:41. Eh. It'd be nice, some time, to be able to run a race that I don't have to make excuses for.

6 comments:

Ole Blue The Heretic said...

When your lungs burn that means they are in the process of cleaning.

At least that is what I tell myself.

Al said...

I'm inclined to agree on that. I rather liked pushing myself harder than usual, although I've done much better in the past, I just need to do it more often.

LibertyBob said...

That's sounds pretty good. (I'm sorry; I don't really know much about running)

Lately I've been trying to do a little bit of running as an addition to my hiking. With the heart health issues, it's been quite a while since I ran. I fully sympathize with the burning lungs. My question is: when does the muscle pain stop? My legs are killing me.

Al said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Bob.

My usual answer (around the house here, anyway), to questions like that, is "Thursday." How far are you running?

8:00/mile is 7.5 mph. That was my goal, and I've done it this year. If I'd been able to train, I would've whupped up on that, though I don't know myself well enough to know by how much.

Hey! The guy who won became the first person to break the 4-minute mile in a roadrace (as opposed to on a track) in Minnesota. He was a ringer, of course, but still...

Tef said...

How do raw lungs feel like? Did you breathe in knives when you run?

Al said...

They feel like they've been rubbed too much.