Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is that ad for The Cult of the Presidency

still on my sidebar? That's a book I want to get and read. Not that I don't already have hundreds of books that I bought and really want to read.

Here's the link, in case the ad goes away. Actually, I should give you this link to the Reason review.

Right now, I'm reading Government Failure: a Primer in Public Choice, by Tullock, Seldon and Brady, and The New Nation: A History of the United States During the Confederation 1781-1789, by Merrill Jensen.

I don't know that I'll learn anything new from Government Failure, it's what I've mostly been writing about - at least it's what I've meant to be writing about - for the last five [Five?! Holy Cow!] years. But it's great to see it laid out systematically.

I learn something new on almost every page of The New Nation. But I think I'll try to curb my enthusiasm until I finish it. Maybe I'll actually takes notes and write a real review, rather than just posting a few exerpts that surprised or thrilled me and then losing the book in the pile, like I usually do.

Here, I just got this over at Amazon; I think I'll put it here. I can't think of where else to put it without screwing up my template. Or annoying my family.

No comments: