Sunday, May 04, 2008

Well, that's all right, then!

The younger boy came by today and showed me what he wants me to do for spare cash on the side. The basics, anyway. I'm not quite clear on where and how to aquire the stuff, though, I've been "reinventing the wheel", since he told me what he had in mind. He doesn't seem to want to go into compost tea, but that is absolutely the route to go if you want to go organic and don't want to pay somebody like me to do it all for you.

The big fear there is e-coli. The process doesn't affect it one way or the other. If you're going to go with compost tea, you need to learn to recognize e-coli under a microscope. (And, if you see unacceptable levels in your brew, send it on to the sanitation department.) I haven't yet, but I was expecting to have to.

Since the boy was bragging that up to me, he's discovered sources of commercially available products [bad writing alert] who make it economically feasible for us to service your needs. Of course, if you're a maniacal Do-It-Yourselfer, you can get your stuff from the same sources and DIY it, but...well, there is some specialized equipment we've got (and I'm glorying in that "we".... He's giving it to us!) that a DIYer is not going to want to buy, and the work-arounds will be a b---h. Cheaper in time and money to hire the guy who's already got the stuff.

Kick back and enjoy life and let me make your lawn, trees and shrubs greener without those worries about wrecking the environment downstream.

I'm drunk on the Kool-Aid.

No comments: