Monday, April 28, 2008

It's important to "get things done," after all.

That comment was made attached to Mean Ol' Meanie's post on John McCain (well, actually, it was about all three of the remaining candidates).

When I was a kid, the AWA (I think it was) had a grand melee fight (which I somehow failed to watch, but everybody was talking about it in school the next day), in which the first thing that happened was, everybody ganged up on Andre the Giant and threw him out of the ring. That part of the match might have been worth watching, just to see how much trouble they had doing it.

A guy in my class, whom I normally wouldn't have credited with great mental powers, said, "That's how these things always go. The little guys will all lose, because they're little, and everybody will gang up to get rid of the biggest guys. You end up with the most middle-of-the-road guy winning."

In this case it was Superstar Billy Graham, whom I hadn't heard of before that moment. He went on to have a pretty good pro-wrestling career, even though I don't think he was ever anyone's favorite.

Anyway, McCain is the Superstar Billy Graham of this presidential campaign.
____________________
Just to screw up a post in typical idiot-blogger fashion, that title is also my excuse for not posting since last Wednesday. I had to stop screwing around and finish installing my garage door. My father-in-law was down the weekend before this last one to help me widen the doorway to fit the door we bought.

Fifty-year-old concrete is some hard-@$$ $#!#, let me tell ya!

We got the door up together, as far as getting it upright in the doorway, but I didn't get the chance to get the moving parts in until Sunday.

Oh, yeah! The reason for the wasted Saturday is, The Older Boy, it turns out, wasn't on the lam after all. He'd been caught. Now he's been released, but he can't go home (for reasons that we won't discuss), so he's been at my house, wasting my time.

He's an interesting guy, with much to discuss. I just wish he could talk and work at the same time. And that I weren't so inclined to politeness.

No comments: