Thursday, April 10, 2008

I spend a lot of time talking philosophy

(and no doubt, too little time listening), but my son is out there doing a number of things that I care about and I'm planning to join him. Check out his website.

I'm as annoyed by the statist solutions to environmental problems that the environmentalists propose, but I understand the seriousness of the problems. My boy ran across a solution to the problem of fertilizer and lawn chemical runoff, and he's taking to the streets as an entrepreneur.

I couldn't be more proud.

Though, let me make this perfectly clear, he never listened to me much. But he calls us up and tells us all these wonderful things...that I could have told him, but he learned the hard way on his own...and from talking to people who did them, rather than just listening to a guy in a dead-end, boring job who did nothing but read (near as he could tell).

Whoa! The old mid-life crisis reared its ugly head, there.

Anyway, this is all his own idea and I'm following his lead.

No comments: