Saturday, March 31, 2007

I just finished Albert J. Nock's

Mr. Jefferson.

The first thing I can say about it is that it looks to me like both Nock and Jefferson were INTPs. INTPs are reclusive but friendly - or, at least disinclined to make enemies - and insatiably curious.

It's also interesting that Jefferson seems to have spent a great deal of his time fighting the centralizing tendencies of the Federal government that I mentioned a few posts back. [I seem to have forgotten to write an important sentence there. I'll have to figure out what it was, though I had other plans for my online time tonight. I can't leave that like that, it looks like I wrote it drunk. I swear I haven't had any booze but a thimble full of wine once a week (at most) in church communion since Sept. 20 last year.]

Nock wrote quite engagingly, with an obvious admiration and affection for his subject. I'll update this with some excerpts tomorrow. The book is upstairs and time is a bit short tonight.

No comments: