Sunday, November 05, 2006

Well, I'll be jiggered!

You are 55.6% Good.
You are 5.1% Chaotic.

Alignment: Neutral Good

You do the best good that a person could be expected to do. You are devoted to helping others. You are willing to work with authority figures, but you do not feel any particular allegiance to them.
You are the stereotypical "Benefactor." You believe in doing good without any particular bias for or against order.
Examples of charactersand people who fit into the same alignment as you include Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Gandalf, Indiana Jones, O-Bi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Frodo Baggins, and the Dalai Lama.

The Alignment Test

That over states it a bit. I sincerely doubt that I belong in a class with Mother Theresa, Ghandi and the Dalai Lama. I'm not willing to deal with some stranger's personal problems, nor will I face down the Mob. I said as much on the test. Also, I almost never do good for altruistic reasons-I believe that doing good is beneficial to me. Though admiration, respect and/or gratitude are usually plenty of recompense.

Just don't gush.

I wonder if my answer to the first question is what put me over the top:
1. An old lady asks you to help her get her cat down from a tree. The cat looks mean and you haven't climbed a tree in years. What do you do?

My answer:
Climb the tree, suffer some nasty scratches, retrieve the cat, and promptly return it to its owner.

But I don't do it out of altruism. I love old ladies, climbing trees and mean cats, I'm quite good with all of them and happy to show it.

I should retake this test - marking the answers that cracked me up.

As for the fictional characters: sure, why not? Indiana Jones, Frodo and Harry Potter, maybe. Anybody who became a hero without meaning to. Of course there are no stories about those of us who achieve our ambitions in that regard - not becoming a hero, I mean.

Could anybody write a book that would sell about somebody who's a master at staying out of trouble [by not looking for it, Bob] and succeeds at that. And that alone.

My own life story would be a lot more interesting, I'm afraid. But the masses wouldn't like it either.

No comments: