Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I think I'm afraid to make more money.

Why? To paraphrase PJ O'Rourke, handing money and power to Al is like handing whiskey and car keys to Al. I have to earn my own respect before I can trust myself to move up financially. Not to mention socially.

Back on the character type thing... I took the Keirsey Sorter II today and it said I'm a damn SJ. The free part only gives you your Temperament: it called me a Guardian.

Piffle.

I've got Keirsey's book right here. I read the ISTJ and ISFJ profiles, and, while I admire a lot about them, if I weren't a family man INTP looking to get along with an ISTJ wife, I wouldn't cross the street to do any of that crap for myself.

And I hate that whiny title, too, Keirsey.

I'm too damn curious and cantankerous to be a guardian. Those are words that I'd bet no SJ would don proudly as their mantle. My favorite part about the INTP type is their lack of respect for authority.

I wonder if Keirsey is trying to usher people away from the anarchistic mindset. I bet that's a thought no SJ would ever have as well.

Actually, the traits are just tendencies. If you dial 'em all up to the nth degree they turn into neuroses if not psychoses.

And I probably shouldn't have taken the thing right after looking over my wife's answers from the test in the book.

Seriously, he's got a heckuva good website. You could probably peg yourself pretty well just by reading profiles until you have a satori experience.

------
Completely off topic: did you hear that Greg Page is quitting the Wiggles? He apparently has some unspecified illness.

He's probably having creative differences with that darn Anthony!

Just kidding. Though there's some speculation in that regard here.

Also, here's kind of an amusing interview of him at elvis.com.au.

We'll pray for you, Greg. And we'll miss that wonderful voice.

No comments: