Friday, November 17, 2006

Don't Blame Me!

Omni brought it up! (If you'll excuse the pun.)

Back in college, my buddies used to like to go to UW-Superior hockey games and make up cheers that made the people sitting next to us say, "What the Hell...?!"

The best was one that departed from a rather silly and trite cheer the cheerleaders did with the lines:
We party
So hearty!
But we don't party with you! You! You! You!

That's all I remember of it. But, based on a true-life occurrence we change it to:
We party
So hearty
We puke through our nose!

Good grammar is often antithetical to good cheering. We didn't share a single nose. Although we were, in fact, taking collective credit for a skill one of our members had developed to a high degree. He considered it useful during a binge for concealing his condition.

I think we all considered applying ourselves to developing that ability, but I doubt if anyone else actually did. I know I didn't. When I got that far, I always headed for the most secluded head I could find.

I wonder how that guy's doing these days.

No comments: