Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I forgot to show you where I spent the weekend!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

You know how I enjoy primitive living conditions.

Check out this view, eh?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

All right, I'm kidding. I didn't spend more than 3/4 of an hour there. (My innards still work better than that, even though many of my readers consider me a geezer.)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Truthfully, here's where I was:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And here's the view:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I could show you the work we did, but that's about enough photoblogging for now. I'll just list the accomplishments:

1. Sid put in the main dock alone, before I got there. A source of shame for me.
2. Sid dropped the rails for the boat before I got there. Later, he attached the connections while I was there, but I was spelling Laurie at babysitting.
3. We put in the second dock. I fall in the lake, discovering what "shock" really means.
4. We hooked up the water supply to the sauna (pronounced SOW-na!! It's a Finnish word. We expect you to respect that. Though it would be possible to negotiate a swap of personal services for the right to abuse that pronunciation.).

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

5. And we dropped the boat-lift for the fishing boat. And put the fishing boat on it. That latter task only took 45 minutes.

Ya know, the way to stretch out a weekend is to accomplish a number of different tasks. Remember how high school seemed so interminable? Break up your day with varied and difficult activities. your life will be fuller and your vacations more satisfying.

No comments: