Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Hamstermotor zaps me directly with a different book meme.

I look forward to question #5, let me tell you.

#1. Total number of books I've owned.

Pitifully, about 3500. I realize I've been including about 1500 from my mother's collection in mine, but I actually counted them up this time and a lot of books I thought I owned are in hers. (My wife has about another 750, does that count?)

#2. Last book I brought.

How about that! Another last book I'm proud to have bought: Climbing Mount Improbable, by Richard Dawkins. This book is so good, Rosie likes to have me read to her from it. What an awesome writer that guy is.

I think I'll have to try to get her to feel the beauty of Genesis now.

#3. Last book I read.

Okey-dokey, confession time now: I still haven't read a book all the way through since Blog, by Hugh Hewitt. [A cat bit me on the nose in an apartment on Hewitt Avenue in Superior, WI once. Anyone who can name the cat gets a prize.]

#4. Five books that mean a lot to me.

The Bible, obviously; We The Living, Anthem, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand (I'm going to call those one book because I'm a cheater); The Law, by Frederic Bastiat, which brilliantly ties together and summarizes the political/economics thoughts of the former, the latter and Our Founders [linked in link bar]; Human Action, by Ludwig von Mises; and, the book I mentioned to E.G. Ross (see links), Liberty and the Great Libertarians, by Charles Sprading (here's a good review).

#5. Five people whom I'll infect with this meme:

Ron, Mark, Joe Verica, Omni and LibertyBob.

If you feel this is not in keeping with the spirit of your Blog, feel free to leave it as a comment here. I will, however make it into a post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi im new[url=http://jacksplace.jackwills.com/profile.php?id=3186].[/url]

Anonymous said...

I have been looking at this page and find it to be exceptionally valuable. I would really appreciate any help.

Recently, Louisville has surfaced as a major center for the health care and health-related sciences industries. Louisville has been central to progress in heart and hand surgery treatment as well as cancer medication. Certain of the very first artificial cardiovascular transplants were made in Louisville. Louisville's blooming downtown medical research grounds contains the fresh $Eighty-eight million rehabilitation town, and a health and fitness sciences analysis and commercialization park which, in joint venture with the University of Louisville, has lured nearly Seventy major experts and scientists. Louisville is actually also house to Humana, 1 of the nation's premier health insurance policies firms.

Louisville is residence to a lot of major firms and agencies.

Al said...

If you would write a cogent response to the topic of the post, I'd have no problem allowing your comments and even your sales pitches and links. I'm not really speaking to Jack, here, who's not saying much either, but some comments that I've deleted.

For Jack: welcome. I hope you find much to stimulate discussion.