Saturday, April 09, 2005

Hey! FFF's latest Freedom Bio is on

Jeremy Bentham; founder of Utilitarianism! [That page hasn't been updated yet.]

Jeremy Bentham, 1748-1832
History of Economic Thought

Jeremy Bentham Short Bio
Bentham Project

Bentham
by John Stuart Mill McMaster University

Principles of International Law
by Jeremy Bentham
University of Texas

The Rationale of Reward
by Jeremy Bentham
University of Texas

I'm probably unique in my tendency to move historical figures up a notch in my estimation by the mere fact that FFF has found them worthy of consideration as great contributors to human freedom, but I have that quirk--I like to see who FFF, the LP, the Mises Institute and The Advocates for Self-Government single out for praise.

I think their positive statements out-weigh their negative ones by far.

No comments: