Tuesday, September 07, 2004

After spending an hour or so

jackin' around with the Grandpa John's guys (if you go there, take Mr. Pt's advice and read it bottom up), I completely forgot whatever important thing I might have had to say. (Note to self: check history.) By the way, those guys lie about each other. Not like me an' Ron. Not only do we always tell the truth about each other, we never disagree.

Anyway, one more boring detail is that I've been studying shorthand so I can take notes well enough to actually report on things I witness. I'm not good yet, but I think this version will help me do that. I didn't like Pittman or Gregg because they required months of memorizing standard abbreviations, though, the evidence shows that they work very well, once you've done that. I like HandyWrite because it's like phonemic transcription [scroll down a page or two, if you don't want to read it all] which I learned in college Linguistics, only simpler and quicker. And it has the added advantage that you can recognize the dialect of the writer, which I think is fun.

No comments: