Sunday, August 24, 2003

Here's another:

Dear Editor:

The environmentalist take on the blackout? We're hearing it everywhere: "It was a
transmission problem, not a supply problem."

Which means: The supply problem should be addressed only after it too becomes a crisis.

Environmentalists have worked for thirty years to destroy every prospect for cheap,
plentiful energy. Now they would have us ignore the inevitable consequences of their
policies and do nothing--until it's too late. From such range-of-the-moment mentalities
are blackouts born.

Sincerely,

Paul Blair
Ayn Rand Institute
2121 Alton Parkway, #250
Irvine, CA 92606
United States
(212) 949-8154

My comment: I was once one of those environmentalists. Although I never saw fit to join one of their organisations, I was perfectly content with the idea that billions of people needed to be eliminated from the earth so the remaining several million could be happy. That may have been my rock bottom position in that particular, personal downfall.

Then I had a little girl. Since I was not a member of any group which would attempt to pull off a plot to kill billions of us, I decided it was time to take action to foil such plots. To protect my baby.

No comments: