Friday, March 21, 2008

What?!

The Republican Party of Minnesota informs me that I've been elected a Precinct Leader. Funny, I don't remember raising my hand for that one. The precinct chair is that young gal I was sitting next to when I had the twitches.

Oh, yeah, I am a vice chair. I guess that qualifies me as a leader. I was afraid they'd ousted my gal H___ (I don't know if she qualifies as a public figure yet), or otherwise made some awful mistake.

Their going to have training sessions in a couple weeks. Guess I have to go find out what I got myself into.

I read a story back in junior high about a kid who suddenly had to go on the lam; while his mother was packing him some food for his trek into the mountains, one of the other kids asked, "When does a boy become a man, Mama?"

She answered, "When a man is needed."

Think a man's needed here?

No comments: