Monday, August 20, 2007

"I want my Prince Charming!"

My daughter plaintively cried out. [The younger one, Thank God! I think I can assume that it can't be serious.]

My wife answered, "He ain't comin'." [Now where could she have gotten that idea? Certainly not from recent experience!]

Lena replied, "He-e-ey!! You don't say dat!" [Denial: it's not just a river in Egypt.]

If you have any urge to take this seriously, Nathaniel Brandon has at least one chapter in one of his books - Taking Responsibility, probably (actually, I have cause to believe it was The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem)- about the fact that your Knight in Shining Armor isn't going to show up and save you from your life.

I didn't start this post with that last paragraph in mind, it just popped into my mind as I was writing. Then I had to go and look up those links. I really just wanted to tell a funny story.

Now she's explaining to me that "the green grapes have black hair and a tail, too!"

"Sure they do, honey." She's making me sing songs along with the music from her Talk and Learn Alphabet toy as I type this. I guess it does look like the green grapes on it have black hair and a tail.

I'll be darned!

No comments: